What are the two significant things expected during Eid? One is actor Salman Khan's movie, and the other is Bhai Biryani. Apart from festivals like Eid or Ramzan, Bhai biryani is more popular during weddings.
So, let's dig into the layers and see what is so special about it and how to recreate this special bhai wedding biryani recipe at home in this blog.
When people get married, it's a really special time. It's all about celebrating the love between two people and having a great time together. And you know what makes a wedding celebration even better? Having delicious food that brings everyone together!
One dish that does just that is bhai biryani. But have you ever wondered about the association of bhai biryani with weddings and why people go crazy about it?
When it comes to Bhai Biryani, we eagerly await occasions like Eid and Ramzan to receive a bucket filled with biryani, specially made by an expert (none other than Bhai), from our friends or family. It is the one dish that brings people together and that everyone enjoys.
Now, enjoy the essence of this dish by continuing to read this blog and discover the secret of making this delicious dish from scratch.
Cook Wedding Bhai Biryani at your home in just 20 min with Our Dindigul Biryani Kit
Wedding Style Bhai Biryani - The Essence
Biryani, originating in Persia, was brought to India by the Mughals, and thus it got the influence of the Mughals. Though different states in India have their own versions of biryani, yet the biryani with authentic Mughal touch has its own fan base, which we get from the bhai biryani.
Just like we share sweets, snacks, and treats with our friends, family, and neighbours during festivals, we used to eagerly wait for special occasions like Ramadan, Eid, or weddings to enjoy bhai biryani. That's how the craze for bhai biryani overlapped and got its crown as a dish inseparable from weddings!
This dish fills the air with an aroma that pulls you towards the grand feast, and every bite of it will transport you to a world of flavour bliss.
Why is wedding-style bhai biryani so famous?
Well, the answer lies in a perfect blend of flavours, tradition, and a touch of culinary delight!
The biryani is made using a special recipe that has been passed down for many years. It is made by carefully selecting spices and the perfect ratio of rice to meat. When everything comes together, it creates a burst of flavours that is truly magical.
Isn't this making you crave a plate of bhai biryani right now? You can make this at home, bringing the authentic flavours with Cookd’s Wedding Bhai Biryani Kit. So, without further ado, let’s see how to make it.
Step-by-Step Guide to Making Wedding-Style Bhai Biryani at Home
We started our wedding bhai biryani kit based on the Kadhar Bhai biryani video and we bring you the exact step-by-step guide to make wedding-style bhai biryani right from your home:
Ingredients you need:
How to make:
- Step 1: Add the chopped onions, entire spices, and green chillies to a pan. Add oil, turn on the flame and saute the onions until they are golden brown.
- Step 2: Quickly fry coriander and mint leaves by adding them to the pan for a few seconds.
- Step 3: Add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Step 4: Add Kashmiri chilli and cook until it gets a vibrant red colour.
- Step 5: Add tomatoes and cook until they are mashed and oil splutters from the sides. Season with salt.
- Step 6: Add and mix in curd thoroughly. Pour water and mix it well. Cover the pan and bring it to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Step 7: Add the chicken to the mixture, ensuring it is evenly coated. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Step 8: In a separate pot, boil water and add salt. Make sure it slightly taste salty. Add the rice and cook until it is 70% cooked (approximately 3 minutes). Immediately strain the rice, reserving some of the water.
- Step 9: Gently combine the rice with the chicken masala. If there is insufficient water, pour the reserved rice water until it reaches almost the same level as the rice.
- Step 10: Cover the pot with silver foil and a well-fitting lid.
- Step 11: Place the pot on a preheated tawa and cook the biryani on dum (slow-cooking) for 5 minutes over medium heat, followed by 10 minutes over low heat.
- Step 12: Serve the biryani hot with raita, brinjal curry, or chicken 65.
Voila! Your delicious bhai biryani is ready to be served.
And what if we tell you could now make this delightful recipe in just 25 mins in 3 simple steps with Cookd's Wedding Bhai Biryani Kit? Yes! Here is how:
All you need:
How to make:
Step 1: Wash and soak Basmati Rice for 20 mins
Step 2: In a pressure cooker, add the Cookd Wedding Biryani Paste and Chicken. Saute the chicken for 2 minutes, and pour water. Bring the water to a boil.
Step 3: Add the soaked rice and pressure cook on a medium flame for 2 whistles. Open the pressure cooker, add the seasoning oil, fluff up the rice. Serve it hot with raita.
You can now shop for our products through the Cookd app to make it easier and more convenient.
Raitha, dalcha, and egg are the most popular sides of biryani. But do you know the best accompaniment that goes well, especially with wedding-style bhai biryani? The bhai biryani meal is incomplete without this! That's right, the Bread Halwa.
Bhai biryani isn't just a dish; it's an emotion. And that's why it holds a special place in our hearts and continues to reign supreme at weddings, spreading joy.
Elevate this dish with the exquisite flavours of bhai cooking with Cookd's Wedding Bhai Biryani Kit. It's that great! So why wait till the next wedding to enjoy this amazing dish? Make it today, and enjoy it with your family and friends. Happy cooking! Happy Eid!
1. Can we cook wedding-style bhai biryani at home?
Yes, you can make wedding-style bhai biryani at home in just 25 mins using Cookd's Wedding Bhai Biryani Kit.
2. What is the cost of Cookd's Wedding Bhai Biryani Kit?
A pack of 1 Cookd's Wedding Bhai Biryani Kit costs Rs. 299, which includes tax.
3. What is the kit consist of?
The kit consists of 250 grams of basmati rice, 250 grams of wedding bhai biryani paste and 5 grams of seasoning oil.
4. How long does it take to cook an authentic bhai biryani at home?
Making an authentic bhai biryani can take around 75 minutes, but with Cookd's Wedding Bhai Biryani Kit, you can make it in just 25 minutes while maintaining the dish's authenticity.