The anticipation begins weeks before Diwali arrives. As excitement fills the air, preparations get underway throughout homes across India. Young and old alike buzz with energetic enthusiasm for the festive celebrations.
Children eagerly compile lists of the newest crackers to purchase, scouring the internet and pamphlets from the brand or the local cracker stalls for the most exciting options. Meanwhile, elders brainstorm mouthwatering menus of sweet and savoury treats to craft in the coming days. The bustling scene sets a joyful tone as families collaboratively plan for Diwali.
Time in the kitchen becomes a bonding experience as generations work side by side. Laughter and chatter fill the air as hands mix, shape and decorate seasonal delicacies. Traditional recipes are lovingly prepared, some handed down through generations. Favourites like crispy fried savouries and creamy sweets take shape.
The irresistible aromas wafting through homes heighten our anticipation for the feast. After days of diligent work, tables are set with a bountiful spread of tempting treats. Families gather to celebrate and enjoy the fruits of their efforts, sweetening the Diwali celebration.
Diwali Dhamaka: Snack-o-Mania!
The morning of Diwali begins with the auspicious oil bath rituals. Once complete, the first order of business is to have a small ball of Diwali legiyam. From that moment on, we immerse ourselves in a feast for the senses. A plate piled with a tempting assortment of savoury snacks and sweet delights awaits.
Celebrate Diwali with a spread of delightful treats, from the classic ladoo to the savoury murukku. Enjoy the crispy savouries and melt-in-your-mouth sweets, making every moment a celebration.
- Ladoo: There's nothing quite as delightful as a plate of Ladoo to bring joy to the whole family. With its sweet taste and soft, crumbly texture, it's almost impossible to resist! So, this Diwali, let's enjoy the deliciousness of ladoo and celebrate the festival of lights with our loved ones!
- Halwa: During Indian festivals, halwa is a scrumptious dessert that everyone craves. Its tempting smell fills the air, bringing families together to enjoy its sweetness and create happy moments.
- Mysore Pak: A traditional snack that brings smiles to South Indian families. Its mouthwatering flavour and soft texture make it a must-have during weddings and festivals.
- Murukku: A crispy snack that adds excitement to Diwali celebrations. Families gather around, sharing laughter and stories while munching on this tasty treat. It's a tradition that brings us closer and makes the festival even more special!
- Mixture: Diwali get-togethers and family gatherings are incomplete without a must-have snack that's loved by everyone. Which side are you on? Do you prefer to pick your favourite ingredients from Mixture one by one, savouring each bite, or are you someone who can't resist the temptation and enjoys a handful all at once, relishing the explosion of flavours?
These delicious Diwali sweets and snacks make these celebrations extra special!
Don't forget to try them all and share them with your friends and family. (How can we forget our neighbours!)